June 17, 2014

Gooey S'mores Cookies

I know it is an absolute must to make S'mores when you go camping and I would never not bring supplies to make them but I hate to admit it but I really don't love eating S'mores. As much as I love to bake and try new dessert recipes out I actually don't have a "real" sweet tooth and S'mores always seem to be too much "sweet" for me. At the same time though every time I make S'mores for my kids I always eat one too, I just can't help myself, smores are just one of those things that brings back memories of all the fun I had camping as a kid.
Now I know these cookies aren't "really" the same thing as making S'mores over an open fire BUT these are easy to make, take & share, they hit the spot when you aren't able to get a campfire going or if you just don't want marshmallow smeared all over your kiddos. 


Since we are talking about marshmallows, have you tried these Marshmallow Bits yet?? I really wasn't sure what to expect when I bought them but I have to tell you after eating a few I didn't automatically think of S'mores. The first thing that came to mind when I ate them was hot chocolate! These bits taste just like the little marshmallows you have floating around in your mug of hot chocolate....which is a must for me.
 
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/3 cups flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs 
(7 full graham cracker sheets)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup Mini Hershey’s Kisses (or chocolate chips/chunks)
1 cup Jet Puffed Mallow Bits


Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.

Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat for an additional 2 minutes.

Meanwhile, use a food processor or blender to crush 7 graham cracker sheets into 3/4 cup fine crumbs. In a separate bowl, whisk together the graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix on low speed until the dough just comes together. Add the chocolate and marshmallows and stir to combine.
Place 1.5 tablespoon sized scoops of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.


Makes about 2 dozen cookies


No comments:

Post a Comment