March 20, 2013

Oreo Snickerdoodle Cookie Cake Bar


I have been waiting for my chance to get to take part in a virtual recipe swap and thanks to Jutta at HungryLittleGirl I was finally able too!!!

Tell me these don't look tempting?

Today is March 20th which means time to share my secret that I have been keeping for a few weeks now!! My assigned blog for the Surprise Recipe Swap was..... Little Accidents in the Kitchen :-) This blog has many different catagories to choose recipes from, I just saw a recipe on her blog for Maple Bacon Popcorn....why didn't I see this before I decided on my recipe to try because I know I will be giving this a try in the near future since I am a sucker for snacking on popcorn! 

Something really neat about Little Accidents in the Kitchen's author Joey is located in Singapore......one of the awesome things about the internet it really makes it so easy to connect with people all across the world with just the click of a button!! Joey also shares pictures of what she sees and where she goes while living in Singapore.

Ok...now to the recipe I decided to recreate.....Oreo Snickerdoodle Cookie Cake Bar. I chose this recipe for two reasons: 1. the name & 2. the pictures of this treat caught my attention right and I kept going back to them. Joey describes theses cookie cake bars the perfect combo of both worlds....eating a cake and a cookie in the same bite!! So I had to try them....but first I must admit something about Oreo's I really don't like the cream in the middle I prefer the cookie part the best (but don't tell anyone).

One more thing before I share the recipe for Oreo Snickerdoodle Cookie Cake Bar.....some of Joey's recipes have metric measurements which can be a little tricky if you do not have a scale that can weigh both in grams and pounds. THANKFULLY I have one!! Now I know that you could go online and use one of those nifty converters BUT I DO NOT recommend them when it comes to converting dry goods for a baking recipe. Trust me I have had my flops with cookies and bread using them ;-)


Oreo Snickerdoodle Cookie Cake Bar

12 oreos (double stuff are preferred)
192 grams flour ( 1 1/3 cups )
1 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
85 grams butter, softened ( 1/3 cup )
1/2 cup sugar
1/8 cup milk ( I did NOT use lactose free milk )
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg

Directions:

Preheat oven to 180°C/ 355°F
Line a 8x8 square baking pan with parchment paper.

Separate oreo's.....taking off one cookie but keeping the cream part attached to the other half of the cookie. And crush up the cookie part into fine crumbs; set aside for later.



Combine the dry ingredients in a small bowl and set it aside.
Cream butter and sugar until creamy. Add egg, milk and vanilla extract, continue mixing again until mixture is smooth and then fold in the dry ingredients. (mixture will be more like cookie dough).



Spread a thin layer of batter into the baking pan, onto the parchment paper (this is a little tricky because it will slip around a bit).




Now add your oreo's....the half with the cream filling.....


And then top with the remaining dough and then top with your set aside crushed cookies
 





Bake 40 minutes. Remove from baking dish to cool before cutting you cookie cake into bars.




This recipe swap was such a fun experience and I am already looking forward to the next one! I enjoyed browsing through Little Accidents in the Kitchen blog and am glad I stumbled upon this recipe.





HungryLittleGirl

1 comment:

  1. I would be very thankful if you continue with quality what you are serving right now with your blog...I really enjoyed it...and i really appreciate to you for this....its always pleasure to read so....Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete