July 15, 2014

Chocolate Carrot Cake

I have been telling so many people about how much I like carrot cake and especially this Chocolate Carrot Cake. Thankfully I already blogged about this one because not only am I able to re-share this lovely concoction but I also can't seem to find my recipe card to remake this....moving across the world can do that. Down side I don't have chocolate pudding mix at home to make this RIGHT NOW!!! But it will be on my grocery list for the next shopping trip :-)


_________________________________________________________________________________

Original Blog Post from August 22, 2012:

Yesterday was my birthday and I finally tried out a recipe for a Chocolate Carrot Cake that I have written down....uuhhh....too long ago. I have always liked a good Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese frosting but who would have ever thought of adding carrots and walnuts to a chocolate cake and it tasting so good!? And thankfully there is a cream cheese frosting that doesn't bother my lactose intolerance.....I will have to try making it one day with my dairy free cream cheese that I buy but didn't have any yesterday so the store bought kind was the one I used.




1 box of chocolate cake mix (I used a Chocolate Fudge flavor)
1 small package instant chocolate pudding mix
4 oz. cream cheese, brought to room temperature
1 cup milk (I used lactose free milk)
3 eggs
1 tsp cinnamon
3 cups shredded carrots
 ½ cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350F and spray cake pans with cooking spray. I used a 13x9 cake pan but you could do cake rounds too (this should be enough for 2 thick layers or 3 thinner layers).

In a large bowl, combine cake mix, cream cheese, pudding mix, milk, eggs and cinnamon. Beat with mixer on low speed until all the ingredients are incorporated (about 30 secs) then increase speed for 2 mins. Stir in the remaining ingredients.

Pour into cake pans and bake 25-30 mins.

Cool before frosting. Store in refrigerator. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment